Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New Shop Backdrop - a Preview!

Hi there! I hope everyone in the States had a lovely fourth of July! Mine was pretty stellar; I have lots of photos to share, but they're not ready yet, so I have something else a bit exciting to show you - at least, it's exciting to me. Dave and I have been working hard to make my etsy shop a little more presentable and cohesive-looking (although it's not there yet). I've been having trouble finding a backdrop I'm happy with, especially since the light in our apartment is too poor to take full-on outfit photos indoors most of the time. I think I finally found one though, and I'd love to hear what you think! Your honest feedback is most appreciated.

blue_dress_2

Dress: 60s, from a yard sale last year.
Shoes: Me Too
Satchel: Kym's yard sale

blue_dress_3

I was torn about whether or not I actually wanted to sell this dress, since it fits me so well and I love the color. But as I was taking measurements to put it into the shop, I found some light stains on the front. I guess that means I get to keep it after all!

In other news, it's my birthday! Dave and I are going out to dinner tonight, and I'm wearing one of the most perfect vintage dresses that I've ever had the privilege of owning. Expect photos, oh yes indeed.

Have a great day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. The brick background looks great! Natural sunlight is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thank heavens for those stains! this dress is way too sweet on you to even think about selling. And just imagine it in winter with a pair of black tights. A keeper for sure!

    ReplyDelete