Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Forgotten Treasures

Well, hello there! It seems someone has fallen behind on her blogging, tsk tsk. I just want to be a sponge in the wintertime, soaking up what the internet has to offer instead of contributing anything. The sun has been peeking out lately, however, and with it come hints of inspiration. To get back in the swing of things, I'll be posting sets of photos taken in 2011 that have fallen by the wayside. These particular pics are from the Roycroft Festival all the way back in June, which, as I've mentioned before, is one of my favorite events of the year. It's hard to believe that in just a few short months, it'll be time to hit up the festival again!

Antique time!
Checking out a 50s black cotton voile cocktail dress by Gay Gibson. Only $25 and in my size - duh, I bought it.

The best jewelry booth in the world.
This was the best antique/vintage jewelry booth! I really hope this lady sets up at the festival again this year. I'm a sucker for figural jewelry in particular, and she had it in spades. Here I'm inspecting a WWII-era sailor pin. I left it behind, but walked away with green bakelite hoop earrings and this celluloid scottie dog charm bracelet (thanks, Mama Pierro)!

The best vintage sunnies.
These amazing vintage sunglasses were also at the booth. I thought they were pretty silly at the time, and I still do, but looking at this photo really makes me wish I had bought them! Maybe this year, if I'm lucky...

Pretty embroidered pillow.
Realllllly pretty embroidered pillow from my dreams, left behind due to lack of space (and probably a hefty price tag).

Stuffed pooch

S'mores cupcake
Had to make time for a cupcake; this S'mores one was unfortunately not as good as it looked.

Vintage shopping!
After the festival, I had to hit up The Dress Shop, a favorite local boutique with tons of gorgeous vintage upstairs. Just look at all those pretty dresses! It's also the headquarters of Wallflower Vintage. I tried on tons of clothes but didn't have any luck that day; the shop assistant must have loved me, ha ha... sometimes that happens, though.

Thanks for reading! I'll try to post again soon!

3 comments:

  1. She looks so cute and adorable in those Ladies skirts. (www.loudstarbazaar.com)

    ReplyDelete